Theatre School Applications
StoryBook offers year-round Theatre School programming and is always looking for teachers and assistants to take part in our programming.
We are currently taking applications for the following roles:
Volunteer & Front of House Supervisor
StoryBook Theatre, one of Canada’s largest volunteer driven, not-for-profit Theatre for Young Audience companies, is looking for a reliable, customer service oriented individual to provide leadership as our full-time VOLUNTEER & FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR
The Volunteer and Front of House Supervisor is a new role for the organization. The successful candidate will coordinate front of house activities, ensuring the highest level of patron experience and facility and coordinate all volunteer interaction. The Front of House Supervisor must be ready to take a proactive leadership role in maintaining a respectful and positive workplace where all of our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Reporting to the Artistic Producer:
· Ensure the smooth and efficient seating (and orderly departure) of the public at performances and events.
· Ensure the highest possible level of customer service from all Front of House staff and volunteers.
· Establish positive and nurturing relationships with our volunteers; oversee ushers – schedule, train, and ensure they are properly located per shift.
· Troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
· Liaise with Box Office and Stage Management to coordinate seating and performance cues at curtain and intermission.
· Ensure the safety of theatre patrons while inside the building or in theatre; maintain a thorough knowledge of fire regulations, safety regulations, and make all staff aware of these regulations and operate all front of house functions abiding by these regulations.
· Facilitate the interaction with latecomers and control disruptive patrons; and ensure the return of all patrons after intermission.
· Prepare daily reports
· Other duties as requested
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
§ Available for all (or many) of the currently scheduled shows for: Regular Theatre Season, Theatre School presentations and all volunteer related events like set builds, costume bees, etc.
§ 2 to 3 years of customer service experience.
§ Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, very busy environment.
§ Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
§ Ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
§ Leadership skills.
This is a casual full-time paid position. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs.
Please complete the online form found here:
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
StoryBook Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties. StoryBook also believes that inclusivity and diversity are integral to the stories we tell both on and off our stage and want an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.